RED WING SHOES, WORK BOOTS TO LAST
If you are looking for well-made and quality boots, old-style boots, to last, you are looking for Red Wing Shoes boots. And, located in the city with the same name, Red Wing Shoes is not a brand of boots like the others. It is one of the few manufacturers of American boots that still carry out the whole process in the country. And, in addition, they still follow the same methods as when they began at the beginning of the 20th century.
The result is the incredible Red Wing boots, a line of craft boots, great and high quality, especially hard to resist what they throw. But soft, to take care of your feet.
RED WING SHOES, THE DREAM OF A YOUNG IMMIGRANT
Red Wing Shoes has all the components of the American dream. At the end of the 19th century, Charles Beckman, a 17-year-old German immigrant, arrived in the small town of Minnessota de Red Wing. There he would find his first job in a leather factory. And it would not take long to develop his interest in making boots.
Inspired by the desire to sell only good quality boots, soon after he opened his own store. But it does not work well and he is forced to close. Although, as he knows that getting a good pair of boots is difficult, he decides to become a manufacturer.
Thus, in the year 1905, with the help of fourteen investors, he founded the Red Wing Shoes Company. There, a first leather work boot with buckles and laces was made for a safer fit.
In a few years, in the decade of the 20 ‘, it already expanded the line of business in two directions. At the beginning of the decade began the manufacture of a line of work boots for specific occupations. And, in 1926, he created the first female line with the Gloria boot.
The great machinery of Red Wing Shoes was underway, culminating unstoppable in its centenary in 2005, celebrated with a gigantic leather boot of almost five meters high and more than a thousand kilos of weight.
RED WING BOOTS, OLD STYLE BOOTS
Before reaching the end of its manufacturing process, the materials of each Red Wing boot advance along more than thirty different steps, as well as by the hands of a hundred artisans. In summary, this is the manufacturing process of Red Wing Shoes:
1. Cutting: The manufacturing process of the boot begins with cutting the leather. Specially prepared leather cutters carefully place the cutting dies on each skin. As there are no two leather sides the same, the selection of the best pieces is an art that only the most experienced artisans can perform.
2. Assembly: The cut leather pieces are sewn to form the upper part of the piece, so the operators of sewing machines require careful hand-eye coordination. The same sewing machines that did the job when Red Wing Shoes was founded are still used today.
3. Extending: During the extension process, the adjusted upper part is pulled on the boot, giving it its final shape. The leather trim is sewn with the upper jig and the leather trim using the Goodyear trim process.
4. Inferior: The sole is sewn or glued to the midsole, completing the process.
5. Finishing: Before being boxed, all boots are carefully inspected twice. In addition, according to the leather class, each boot is cleaned, polished, brushed and finished by a team of experts.
If you are looking for authentic Red Wing boots, we recommend you go to our favorite store for these necessities, Corbeto’s Boots. There you will find the boots of the Heritage line, the only ones that the brand distributes to Europe.
This post is also available in: Español